PS2: BUZZ! The Mega Quiz Review
Imagine how excited I am when I get a package in the mail from Sony. Yes, THE Sony. So I eagerly tear open the package and within lies the game BUZZ! “Great.” I say to myself. “Couldn’t they have sent me a decent game, like Lair?” So I pop the game into the PS3, plug in the controller and call in a few hobos from outside cause I need people to play it with and I don’t have any friends. I was floored by how much I actually enjoyed the game. It was a fantastic family/party game.
The premise of the game is similar to Jeopardy. You’re a contestant on a game show and you’re trying to beat the other players by answering questions and getting points. You play several rounds of trivia question games which each round having its own unique flair so that the game doesn’t get too monotonous, which is just genius.
Point Picker: In this mode, you get to pick the subject of the question with subjects ranging from sports, TV, movies, nature, etc.
Fastest Finger: This one’s self explanatory. The faster you press the buzzer, the more points you get. (If you get the question right that is.)
Pie Fight: Get an answer right and you’ll be able to randomly hit one of your opponents with pie. (There’s a chance you might hit yourself) Humiliation is clearly the point of this round.
Globe Trotter: The twist to this mode is that you’ll be answering questions specific to a particular country that you’re visiting in the game. The person who answers correctly gets to choose between two separate destinations to head to.
Point Stealer: In this round, whoever answers the question correctly gets to syphon points away from the contestant of his choice.
Final Countdown: The final round converts all your points into a bar. The bar decreases the longer it takes you to answer a question, or if you answer incorrectly but increases with each right answer.
It’s hard to review a game like BUZZ! because it’s so different from video games that we’re used to playing and yet so familiar to the board games we used to love as kids. At $39.99 and coming with 4 BUZZ controllers, this game is a bargain! This is one game that’s guaranteed fun for the whole family and it’s just in time for the holidays. Now if only I could get these hobos off my Playstation.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
The good: Fantastic party game for gamers and non-gamers alike
The Bad: No online
The game isn't as enjoyable if you play by yourself