Hunted: The Demon's Forge Part 2
This is the follow up review; the first installment can be found here.
My wife and I are at the halfway point of Hunted: The Demon's Forge, and I think that I have warmed to the game considerably. I stand by my original statements that the graphics are dated, and thus far the story hasn't become much more engaging. Once you look past those two minor gripes however you are left with a deeply engaging cooperative experience which will have you facing off against daunting odds in pitched battles, exploring dark and scary tombs and ruins, and solving a decent variety of puzzles to unlock wondrous treasure vaults.
The combat mechanic takes a bit to warm up to, but once you and your partner have become accustomed to them you will easily find yourself falling into a smooth tactical rhythm, dispatching the hordes of enemies with ease. Eventually you will unlock the ability to battlecharge your ally, imbuing their attack with devastating elemental damage which will make all the difference in the world in some of the tougher battles. Even further in the game you will unlock the further ability to spell link, which on top of giving you a brief battlecharge, will create a magical apparition which will help chip away at the enemies attacking you. Through all of this of course you must manage your three resources: health, mana and resurrection potions. Both characters are limited to how many of each you can carry, which will slowly upgrade through play. Oftentimes my wife and I would discuss ahead of time who had the deeper need of healing before picking up anything, lest one of us be at a marked disadvantage in the next combat.
Exploring is easily our favorite aspect of Hunted. As fun as the combat is, it can sometimes run a bit long, and we usually view it as a distraction in between exploration sections. Outside of your main story quest and objectives you will find frequent side paths and diversions. Exploring these will almost always lead to a new tomb, crypt or other creepy environment just waiting to be plundered. While exploring you will of course be attacked, but enemies aren't the only threat which you will have to face. The occasional trap will spring if you're not mindful of your step, and while they aren't as deadly as they could be, they will serve as a stinging reminder to watch your step.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date