UBISOFT MAKES HISTORY WITH THE RELEASE OF ASSASSIN'S CREED III
Biggest Game in Franchise History Delivers Unprecedented Scope and Scale
London, UK - October 31, 2012 -Ubisoft® announced today that the highly anticipated video game, Assassin's Creed® III, is now available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment. Assassin's Creed III takes gamers on a journey from the vibrant cities of Colonial America, across the expansive and perilous frontier to the stormy seas and blood-soaked battlefields. The game was developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with six other Ubisoft studios. A first for the franchise, Assassin's Creed® has extended its full universe to a handheld system with Assassin's Creed III® Liberation. Offering a unique experience exclusively on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, Assassin's Creed III Liberation.
"Assassin's Creed III is Ubisoft's biggest launch ever and the most ambitious game in our history. Today, we delivered on the vision the team had three years ago thanks to the tremendous talent and hard work of the many Ubisoft studios involved," said Yves Guillemot, Chief Executive Officer, Ubisoft. "They have refined the core tenets of the franchise while also implementing brand new experiences, such as naval combat, that will captivate returning fans and newcomers to the Assassin's Creed universe."
Assassin's Creed III will be available on Wii U™ from Nintendo as a launch title on November 30 and on Windows PC November 23.
The latest offerings from the Assassin's Creed universe give gamers two different ways to experience the games and 18th century America. Assassin's Creed III (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Windows PC), the first game to take advantage of the new Ubisoft-AnvilNext game engine, is set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century and introduces a new hero, Ratonhnhaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Gamers become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin's Creed III features unprecedented scope and scale. Additionally, PlayStation 3 owners will enjoy four exclusive missions related to Benedict Arnold.
In Assassin's Creed III Liberation (PlayStation Vita system), gamers play as the series' first female protagonist, Aveline. A woman of conviction, Aveline is fighting for freedom in 18th-century New Orleans - a city on the brink of a rebellion as the Spanish Empire imposes its new rule. PlayStation® fans who pick up both Assassin's Creed III Liberation for the PS Vita system and Assassin's Creed III for the PS3 will receive exclusive content, including a mission where gamers play as Connor, an in-game version of Connor's tomahawk, an exclusive character skin, a multiplayer character and a complete upgrade of all ammunition pouches.
Ubisoft has also announced the Assassin's Creed III Season Pass, featuring "The Tyranny of King Washington," an all-new single-player campaign told through three episodic content packs that lets gamers experience an alternate history of the events following the American Revolution. In addition to this all-new single player experience, Assassin's Creed III downloadable content will feature new maps and characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience as well as other single-player missions.
The Assassin's Creed III Season Pass provides gamers with all five forthcoming DLCs, scheduled for release within six months after the game launch, for 2400 Microsoft points and £23.99 on the PlayStation®Store, respectively. The Season Pass is now available for purchase on the PlayStation®Store, Xbox 360® and from November 22 for PCs.
All Assassin's Creed III Downloadable Content will also be available for Wii U™.
For more information on Assassin's Creed III, please visit the Assassin's Creed official Website: http://www.assassinscreed.com
- GET READY TO FACE YOUR INSANITY IN MINECRAFT - Far Cry 3
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Worms Revolution Released
- Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise is available now!
- We Are Liking Dishonored Very Much!
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies
- Tear Resident Evil 6 apart with the latest Official BradyGames Strategy Guide
- The Walking Dead's Episode Four Gets All-New Trailer
- NiGHTS into dreams... and Sonic Adventure 2 Now Available for Digital Download
- FIRST GRID GAMEPLAY VIDEOS REVEALED
- UNLEASH YOUR RAGE WITH THE DEMO OF ASURA'S WRATH
- GameFlavor Reviews SNK's Prehistoric Isle For PS3, PSP
- Prototype 2 PS3 Hype Picks Up With Free Bio-Bomb
- Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar Reveals Dodo Airplane Secret
- The Last Guardian, 2012 PS3 GOTY Or Disappointment
- SNK P.O.W. Prisoner Of War Sony PSN Review
- Early Look, Top 5 Biggest PS3 Games For Year 2012
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers