Square Enix Announces SLEEPING DOGS' ADVENTURE BEGINS THIS WEEK
Square Enix London Studios, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced its highly anticipated undercover cop drama SLEEPING DOGS will be in stores from August 14th in North America and from August 17th in Europe and other PAL territories. An incredible open world experience, SLEEPING DOGS aims to keep players returning to Hong Kong with plans for an extensive six months of additional content.
"SLEEPING DOGS is a game we know fans will want to keep on playing, so over the next six months we'll be creating a series of new content packs giving players everything they need to keep enjoying the game," said Lee Singleton, General Manager, Square Enix London Studios. "We want to create something to suit everyone's play style from cool cars and high-speed missions to outlandish outfits and game-extending mission packs. The game launch is just the beginning."
There will be a range of new downloads available at launch to help players get ahead of the game, including the 80s-inspired Retro Triad Pack, a killer old school outfit with its own player buffs and funky kung-fu van. New content packs are planned from September, beginning with a high-speed Racing Pack and an explosive SWAT Pack - further announcements to follow soon.
The first SLEEPING DOGS packs will be available from launch on the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, PlayStation®Network and Steam.
About the game
Developed by United Front Games in collaboration with Square Enix London Studios, Sleeping Dogs is a gritty and visceral open world cop drama set in the vibrant city of Hong Kong. Taking the role of undercover cop Wei Shen, players are tasked with taking down one of the city's most fearsome criminal gangs from the inside. Offering players an island packed with action, every street corner, market stall, harbour dock or city skyscraper can become an opportunity for intense shoot-outs, adrenaline-fuelled street races and intense, brutal martial arts combat. Featuring one of the most intuitive and imaginative combat systems, Sleeping Dogs empowers players to perform an extensive set of martial arts moves, singlehandedly taking on numerous opponents. Players perform bone-crunching kicks and combos, vicious counters and a cinematic set of environmental takedowns making use of countless real-world items from circular saws to phone booths, incinerators to refrigerator doors.
Sleeping Dogs will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PCs from 14th August, 2012, in North America and from 17th August, 2012, in Europe and other PAL territories. For more information about the game, visit www.sleepingdogs.net and join our facebook page at www.facebook.com/SleepingDogsGame for regular updates.
- NASCAR The Game Gets European Release
- Awesomenauts Update: Live on PlayStation Network
- SYFY'S DEFIANCE COMMENCES SERIES PRODUCTION
- SNK PLAYMORE USA Releases Two More Vintage Pre-NEOGEO Era Arcade Classics on Sony Computer Ent. America's PlayStation Store this week!
- NEED FOR SPEED WORLD KICKS OFF 2ND ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS
- NAMCO BANDAI Games announce TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENTTM 2 Bikini Bundle DLC
- WWE '13 Collector's Edition to feature legendary WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin
- NAMCO BANDAI GAMES and INSERT COIN CLOTHING COLLABORATE ON A 'TALES OF' SERIES DESIGN COMPETITION
- Experience the Ultimate Night in with Everyone Sing!
- The Boy Who Helped Save Batman Wasn't Robin
- GameFlavor Reviews SNK's Prehistoric Isle For PS3, PSP
- Prototype 2 PS3 Hype Picks Up With Free Bio-Bomb
- Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar Reveals Dodo Airplane Secret
- The Last Guardian, 2012 PS3 GOTY Or Disappointment
- SNK P.O.W. Prisoner Of War Sony PSN Review
- Early Look, Top 5 Biggest PS3 Games For Year 2012
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers