Rockstar Games Teams Up with Major League Gaming to Bring You The Max Payne 3 Pro Exhibition
16 players to compete for $30k at MLG Arena in NYC; Competition to be broadcast May 14 online atwww.majorleaguegaming.com and www.rockstargames.com
NEW YORK, May 07, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce The Max Payne 3 Pro Exhibition in association with Major League Gaming (MLG) that was held on May 5, 2012 in New York City will be broadcast online at 8:00 p.m. on Monday, May 14, 2012 at http://www.majorleaguegaming.com and http://www.rockstargames.com. For the first time ever, Rockstar Games has teamed up with MLG's elite professional players for an exhibition tournament hosted by MLG and featuring the competitive debut of Max Payne 3 multiplayer.
"We designed Max Payne 3 multiplayer to be easily accessible, yet deep and sophisticated enough for competitive players to enjoy," said Jeronimo Barrera, VP of Product Development of Rockstar Games. "Now we're teaming up with MLG to let the best players in the world attack it."
MLG teams and pros fought it out in 4 vs. 4 Team Matches and Deathmatch tournaments, with Rockstar's development team on-hand to coach and strategize with teams. The 16 selected players were competing for a total cash prize purse of $30,000. Featured players include:
Strongside - Mike Cavanaugh
Nadeshot - Matt Haag
Walshy - David Walsh
Gandhi - Scott Lussier
Tsquared - Tom Taylor
Scump - Seth Abner
Hastro - Mike Rufail
CDNthe3rd - Caeser Noriega
Nickmercs - Nicholas Kolcheff
Cream - Ken Lawson
MrsViolence - Kelly Ristigian
xJawz - Samuel Joseph Betesh
Predator - Gabriel Figueroa
CDjr - Emmanuel Brito
Stainville - Tosh-Mcgruder-Cummings
Aches - Patrick Price
About the Max Payne series
The original Max Payne game released to critical acclaim in 2001 for its groundbreaking Bullet Time-based shooting mechanics, dark atmosphere and complex story about a cop on the edge, fighting for justice and his own survival on the streets of New York. Its sequel, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne was released to further critical acclaim in 2003.
The series returns in 2012 with the launch of Max Payne 3 on May 15 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, and for the first time in the series will feature a highly customizable, competitive multiplayer component, including the ability to use Bullet Time in multiplayer matches. Max Payne 3 will also be available for PC on May 29.
For more information please visit http://www.rockstargames.com.
- Blades of Time cuts a dash with new trailer
- DC Comics Brand Young Justice Announced for Video Game Platforms
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Turns Brutal
- ASTRO Gaming Becomes Official Sponsor of Pro Gaming's Team Eon
- Final Four Street Fighter X Tekken Characters Confirmed
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar Reveals Dodo Airplane Secret
- The Last Guardian, 2012 PS3 GOTY Or Disappointment
- SNK P.O.W. Prisoner Of War Sony PSN Review
- Early Look, Top 5 Biggest PS3 Games For Year 2012
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date