Rockstar Games Announces L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition for Consoles
New York, NY, October 20, 2011 -- Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and Team Bondi Pty. Ltd., are proud to announce that L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition is coming to the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on November 15, 2011 in North America and November 18, 2011 internationally.
Similar to its PC counterpart, L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition on consoles will feature all of the previously released downloadable content for L.A. Noire, including the "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case, "Reefer Madness" Vice case, "The Consul's Car" Traffic case, "The Naked City" Vice case , "A Slip of the Tongue" Traffic case, The Badge Pursuit Challenge, and all weapons and outfits released to date.
Developed by Team Bondi in conjunction with Rockstar Games, L.A. Noire is a crime thriller set in post-World War II Los Angeles. As Detective Cole Phelps, players must search for clues, interrogate suspects and chase down criminals to solve a series of cases inspired by real world incidents. As he rises through the ranks of the LAPD, Phelps comes face-to-face with the corrupt heart of Los Angeles: from fallen starlets to double-dealing police officers and the vast reaches of the criminal underworld - and finally, the darkness of his own personal demons.
Utilizing a brand new type of facial capture technology called MotionScan, L.A. Noire breathes unprecedented life into character performances and was honored as an official selection of the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival.
Critical reviews for L.A. Noire have been outstanding. Following is a short list of accolades:
· "No one makes the real world virtual like Rockstar...We've seen it with the Grand Theft Auto series, and we saw it with last year's Red Dead Redemption. Rockstar has turned out its most pointed, and poignant, statement with L.A. Noire." - Seth Schiesel, The New York Times (1)
· "Ever since it first worked out how to assemble pixels so that they resembled something more recognisable than aliens, the games industry has dreamed of creating one thing above all else - a game that is indistinguishable from a film, except that you can control the lead character. With L.A. Noire, it just might, finally, have found the embodiment of that particular holy grail." - The Guardian (2)
· "L.A. Noire is not only something totally new for the modern gamer, it's one of the first cerebral titles that will force people to rethink the potential of video games." - CNET (3)
· "L.A. Noire is a testament to the possibility of bringing dark, adult, mature games to the mainstream market... truly mature, with the kind of narrative you'd only expect to see in a major TV drama series or crime movie. No game released this generation has tackled the subject matter found in L.A. Noire with the same degree of intelligence and respect, and no game has so seamlessly blended gameplay from various genres together so seamlessly, in a way that delivers something far more unique in experience than the sum of its parts." - Destructoid (4)
· "All the things I've only read about in Dashiell Hammett novels, or seen in film classics like Double Indemnity, have all come to interactive life in L.A. Noire... L.A. Noire had me more involved in its first thirty minutes than some other games do in their entirety." - 1UP (5)
· "L.A. Noire is a bold release, because it defies the expectations not just for the type of game Rockstar usually releases, but also for the type of game that receives this degree of care and proficiency in its execution." - Giant Bomb (6)
· "L.A. Noire is a unique game with a terrific sense of period atmosphere, absorbing investigation mechanics, and a haunting tale with plenty of moments that would be right at home in a classic film noir." - GameSpot (7)
· "L.A. Noire transcends genre and the expectations of what a game can be and casts a spell that I have yet to shake." - G4TV (8)
L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will be available at retail for $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99.
For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com/lanoire.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date