Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Debuts on PS3
A Galactic Adventure Filled with Explosive Mayhem Comes To Life in Epic Saga
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today the release of Ratchet & ClankFuture: Tools of Destruction available exclusively for the PLAYSTATION3 (PS3) computer entertainment system. Created by independent developer Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction delivers a true, next- generation action-adventure game that is vibrant and diverse. With graphics comparable to a high-quality computer graphic movie, complete with bustling cities, gigantic enemies and giant boss battles, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction presents a sophisticated, humorous adventure for fans of all ages.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction features unique, diverse gameplay and shines as a must-have title for 2007. Following the release of its best-selling launch title, Resistance: Fall of Man, Insomniac Games is one the first development teams to embark on a second-generation exclusive PS3 title. Leveraging the true processing power of the PS3 system, Insomniac Games has overhauled its proprietary PS3 engine technology, making the physics engine four times faster than that of Resistance, to create the most visceral Ratchet & Clank universe yet, overflowing with exotic creatures and flying vehicles all at sixty frames per second.
"Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction was the team's opportunity to not only bring back what players have known and loved about the franchise, but a chance to create an experience that redefines itself on the PS3 system," said Brian Allgeier, creative director, Insomniac Games. "As the biggest game Insomniac has ever produced, Ratchet & Clank Future expands its action adventure roots into new territories that will truly evoke a sense of mystery, adventure, variety and spectacle around every turn."
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
Players join Ratchet, the last-known Lombax, on his quest to find the answers of his mysterious past and Lombax origins. Unfortunately for Ratchet, Emperor Percival Tachyon is equally interested. The tyrant of an ancient race of evil aliens called Cragmites, Tachyon has an age-old grudge and is bent on wiping Ratchet off the universe. As Tachyon ambushes Ratchet and Clank in their home galaxy, they realize they need to escape quickly and prevent the galaxy's destruction. Along the way, they embark upon an adventure bigger than any they've experienced, one that will not only unravel the mystery of the Lombaxes, but also test the limits of their friendship.
Combining Ratchet & Clank's adventure roots with an epic storyline and immersive gameplay, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction draws players into a vast, new galaxy more interactive than ever before. Players will discover all-new vast worlds such as a majestic cloud city and a space-age amusement park. Along the way they will encounter an entirely new cast of colorful characters (and some old favorites) as well as the introduction of a variety of new alien races and life forms.
Having a variety of tangible weapons has always been a focus of the Ratchet & Clank franchise. In Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, players will have access to a fully stocked arsenal of all-new weapons such as the Plasma Beasts and Tornado Launcher, which uses SIXAXIS wireless controller to direct tornadoes that suck up enemies and whip them around with debris. All weapons can be upgraded and customized with a new system that provides greater power and flexibility. Players can also utilize Ratchet's new supply of consumable "on-demand" combat devices, such as the Groovitron, which causes enemies to dance uncontrollably to disco music. In addition, gadget gameplay returns as Ratchet and Clank will have more gadgets at their disposal to help them bounce, fly, evade and defy gravity.
SCEA will support Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction with a blockbuster multimillion dollar marketing campaign. This will include aggressive national television, print, online and viral advertising campaigns, full promotional support, dedicated point-of-purchase displays and merchandising support, broad-based public relations support and immersive and interactive website.
The independent Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has rated Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction E10+ .For more information about the ESRB visit www.esrb.org.