Prison Break: The Video Game
We would actually like to see a current-gen game based on escaping from prison, but we're not sure this is quite what we had in mind. Video game publisher Deep Silver today announced a license agreement with Twentieth Century Fox to create a video game based on the TV series "Prison Break." The game will be targeted for PC, XBOX 360 and PS3, with a 2010 release date. Deep Silver is most well known for recent console games Risen and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
"Who doesn't love the thrill of a prison break? It's a great basis for any video game, but even better when utilizing the intricate storyline and colorful characters created for the Fox series," says Gary Rosenfeld, Senior Vice President of New Media for Fox Licensing.
The protagonist of the "Prison Break" game is Company agent Tom Paxton. He is sent to the Fox River State Penitentiary to find out why Michael Scofield (the hero of the TV series), a man without a previous criminal record, became a bank robber. The storyline runs parallel to the first season of "Prison Break": Paxton encounters several characters from the series and experiences key events from his own perspective.
According to the publisher, the action adventure "Prison Break" has all the markings of the award-winning TV series: a compelling story, distinct characters, and fast-paced action. Using diverse climbing and stealth skills, the protagonist Paxton explores numerous locations of the series, all brought to life with great attention to detail.
We will definitely reserve judgment on this title until we see more actual gameplay, but if it doesn't turn out to be the escape game we were hoping for, somebody will probably be inspired to make one. Rockstar, we are looking squarely in your direction...
A screenshot of Prison Break: The Video Game.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date