Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar Reveals Dodo Airplane Secret
Grand Theft Auto III (GTA III) changed gaming forever, bringing the sandbox experience to the mainstream, and unleashing the most interactive world ever seen by gamers. Now that the game is celebrating its 10-year anniversary, Rockstar is revealing new information about the game.
Rockstar has been conducting behind-the-scenes retrospectives on the hit GTA III.
These retrospectives have answered many secrets and questions that gamers have been wondering for years now.
This all coincides with the 10th anniversary of the game, being celebrated with historic releases on the Apple iPad and iPhone.
For those who remember, one of the most exciting things in GTA III was coming across the airplane known as the Dodo plane.
This plane was nearly impossible to fly, but some of us gamers who were persistent enough did manage to get it off of the ground.
One of the questions Rockstar has answered is one which we have wondered for years, "How come the Dodo plane in GTA III can't fly?"
The response that Rockstar has given on their site, Rockstargames.com is that, "we were making a driving and shooting game."
They stated that the Dodo plane was never meant to be flown at all.
Many gamers believed that due to the fact that the game released just after 9/11, that the plane was grounded for that reason.
Rockstar insists though this was not the reason at all, and that those who were able to fly it long distances have done so by bugs in the game, not by the intent of the developer.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date