Get Tons of New Loot and 'Pirate Booty' with First Add-On Content Campaign for Borderlands 2 - Now Available Worldwide
'Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty' immerses players in an all-new storyline, expansive environments, and hours of additional shooter-looter action
New York, NY - October 16, 2012 - 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the first add-on content campaign for Borderlands® 2, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, is now available for download worldwide on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. In Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, up to four players cooperatively enter the hostile sand dunes and wastelands of Pirate Bay in search of ancient treasures. The add-on content campaign features new characters, including the eccentric and eager Shade; locations such as the town of Oasis; enemies including the Sand Pirates and Anchormen; and special weapons and loot that make it a must-play experience. No trip to Pandora is complete without a stop in Pirate Bay.
Captain Scarlett and the Pirate's Booty is the first of four add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2. These four add-on content campaigns will be available individually or as a combined purchase of the Borderlands 2 Season Pass. This special offer, available now, includes nearly $40.00 of add-on content and is available for $29.99 (PlayStation®Network) / 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network) / $29.99 (Windows PC). Once purchased, the Borderlands 2 Season Pass enables gamers to download all of the announced add-on content campaigns as they become available on the PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE and Windows PC. All four add-on content campaigns are scheduled to be available by June 2013.
Also available now is a fifth playable character class, Gaige, the Mechromancer. This mechanically menacing teenager summons a giant robot she named Deathtrap that, through various devastating ranged and melee attacks, helps Gaige and her fellow vault hunters clear the battlefield of enemies. The Mechromancer character class is a separate piece of downloadable content and is free to all customers who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 at participating Premiere Club retailers and is available to anyone else for $9.99 (PlayStation®Network) / 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE online entertainment network) / $9.99 (Windows PC). Customers who purchase the Mechromancer will also be rewarded with other Premiere Club bonuses including a free Golden Key and Lucky's Relic.
"We're so excited at how the Borderlands 2 experience continues to grow with Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty and the fifth playable character class, the Mechromancer," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "With hours of new story-driven content to play through and an entirely new character to play as, gamers are getting a lot of additional value. The really exciting part is that we're just getting started."
"The love we've felt for Borderlands 2 is driving us wild and ever since we completed development of the main game, we have been fired up about creating great, new content to expand the experience," said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. "I am thrilled to announce the release of Borderlands 2's first additional player character, Gaige the Mechromancer, delivered ahead of schedule. I'm also incredibly excited about Captain Scarlett and her Pirates' Booty, which is an all-new grand adventure for Borderlands 2 and the first of a four-part season full of big, original campaign expansions."
Borderlands 2 is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and is available now on Xbox 360, PS3™ and Windows PC. For the latest Borderlands 2 news and information, please visit www.borderlands2.com. Check out Borderlands 2 on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame.
2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
- Tear Resident Evil 6 apart with the latest Official BradyGames Strategy Guide
- The Walking Dead's Episode Four Gets All-New Trailer
- NiGHTS into dreams... and Sonic Adventure 2 Now Available for Digital Download
- FIRST GRID GAMEPLAY VIDEOS REVEALED
- Rockstar Games presents Grand Theft Auto III - Now Available in the PlayStation Store
- Sony Unveils Slimmer Sleeker Sexier PS3
- NARUTO Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - Tokyo Game Show trailer
- The Amazing Spider-Man Video Game Out Now With All-New Downloadable Content
- VICE + BODERLANDS + .50 CALIBER M2 BROWING MACHINE GUN = FUN
- CAPCOM CONFIRMS DETAILS OF POST LAUNCH CONTENT FOR RESIDENT EVIL 6
- UNLEASH YOUR RAGE WITH THE DEMO OF ASURA'S WRATH
- GameFlavor Reviews SNK's Prehistoric Isle For PS3, PSP
- Prototype 2 PS3 Hype Picks Up With Free Bio-Bomb
- Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar Reveals Dodo Airplane Secret
- The Last Guardian, 2012 PS3 GOTY Or Disappointment
- SNK P.O.W. Prisoner Of War Sony PSN Review
- Early Look, Top 5 Biggest PS3 Games For Year 2012
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume DLC Revealed
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers