DLC and 'Rockstar Pass' Announced for L.A. Noire
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and Team Bondi Pty. Ltd. are pleased to announce downloadable content plans for the blockbuster crime thriller, L.A. Noire. Several standalone cases, collectibles and challenges will be released in the coming months on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network.
"With its blend of real crime influences and noir atmosphere, L.A. Noire contains boundless potential for new stories and new cases," said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. "The four new cases are strong standalone stories that sit perfectly alongside the main game."
Starting today in North America and Europe, players can purchase the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, a new way to pre-order DLC, which gives players access to all seven paid DLC. The Rockstar Pass is available for a limited-time price of $10.00 (PlayStation Network) / 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)--a 50% discount compared to purchasing the DLC content individually. Once purchased, the Rockstar Pass enables gamers to download all the announced DLC for free as it becomes available on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE, which totals four unique cases, two detective suits and a collectible challenge. Xbox 360 Achievements and PlayStation Trophies will be available in each of the four cases.
All seven pre-order DLC options will be available to purchase from Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network starting with The Badge Pursuit Challenge and the Sharpshooter/ Broderick detective suits to download for $2.00/160 Microsoft Points and $1.00/80 Microsoft Points, respectively. "The Naked City" Vice case and "A Slip of the Tongue" Traffic case are also launching today. Both cases will each be priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).
Two brand new cases, the "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case (June 21, 2011) and the "Reefer Madness" Vice case (July 12, 2011), will also be available for download later this summer, each priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE). Inspired both by famous noir fiction and real-life crimes taken straight from the headlines, these downloadable cases will provide unique experiences for players independent of the game's primary storyline. All of the DLC will be available for purchase through the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, priced after the limited discount period at $12.00 (PlayStation Network) / 960 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)--a 40% discount off individual DLC pricing.
As a token of thanks to fans, members of the Rockstar Social Club will also receive a free download of the Chicago Lightning Detective Suit. In addition, Rockstar will unlock the Chicago Piano machine gun for free to all players via the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Both are available now. Registration to join the Social Club is free of charge and can be accessed at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com.
- Chicago Lightning Detective Suit (Social Club only) - May 17
- Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price) - May 31
- "The Naked City" DLC case - May 31
- "A Slip of The Tongue" DLC case - May 31
- Broderick Detective Suit and Gun - May 31
- Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun - May 31
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge - May 31
- Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) - May 31
- L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price) - June 14
- "Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" DLC case - June 21
- "Reefer Madness" DLC case - July 12
L.A. Noire is available now for Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date