Devil May Cry 5 Rebooted As DMC: Devil May Cry. Trailer
Here's a look at the new trailer for DMC: Devil May Cry, revealed earlier at E3 2011. The changes in the new game look really interesting, however there's already been some controversy with fanboys bemoaning the new look of Dante. The new Dante has a leaner look with a "new-romantic" style dark hair, and the producer of the new game claims it was inspired by actor Daniel Craig's James Bond reboot.
Capcom and Ninja Theory explained the "rebirth" of the series, as it's called, Dante's redesign and the passing of development duties to a studio outside of Japan to Eurogamer in a recent interview.
"If you think of Rocky 3 versus Raging Bull, it's that kind of difference," Ninja Theory boss Tameem Antoniades said.
"He's younger, he's rawer, he's cool in his own way. But it's different."
Capcom America's Alex Jones, who is collaborating on the project, backed the move.
"When you see the Casino Royale remake, you see Bond before he's actually killed anyone, and it's a really traumatic event. He's rough-hewn, he's not polished or debonair, but you can see the essence of what that character will become. That's what we want to do with Dante. The core of him is there, it's just a rougher version. It's a becoming. He's not fully actualised."
Both Antoniades and Capcom acknowledged fan concern over the reboot, but urged patience and understanding.
"It's a new developer doing it, isn't it?," Antoniades replied when asked for his explanation for the reaction.
"Of course long-time fans are worried about us handing over such a big title to another company, another development team," Capcom's Hideaki Itsuna, who's worked on all four Devil May Cry games, added.
"But what myself and Eshiro-san [Motohide, producer] want to convey is that people shouldn't be worried or concerned, it's nothing like that.
"We've worked with Ninja Theory for a long time in pre-development, and we've seen that they're really talented and they have a lot of know-how, and we know that they're very serious about making this game good."
Eshiro said the decision to reboot the series was in part due to a desire to increase sales.
"Taking Devil May Cry 4 as an example, including the PC versions we sold 2.7 million of that particular game, but we looked at the market and saw that there were other action games selling four million, five million, all these copies," he explained.
"One of our goals for this game is to create something new and fresh that keeps the old fans but also catches new people, so that we can increase our overall appeal, our sales and our audience."
No official release yet announced for the game, but watch this space and we'll sure to be among the first tp let you know!
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date