Codemasters Hiring for Secret First Person Shooter
Hot off their successful run with recent arcade racers DiRT 2 and FUEL, Codemasters is turning its considerable talent toward other genres. The company has announced that a number of programming development positions are opening as the developer expands in new directions. Rumor has it that a first person shooter is next on the plate for the UK based studio, which explains the recent hiring push at the Guilford location.
While other companies are scaling back and laying off staff, Codemasters is enjoying a relatively successful year. 2010 has seen key positions open across the Guilford studio's Design, Programming and Art teams. This studio is responsible for creating an original IP in the action genre. The studio has prototyped several concepts over the past 18 months with one (secret, unnamed) project entering full production some 12 months ago.
The project, is an original action FPS for leading console platforms, from designer Stuart Black, previously co-creator and designer of Black (2006). Black was an action-packed FPS based on real-world events and military hardware. The game drew accolades for its destructible environment technology and attention to detail, although it failed to draw a massive mainstream audience. It is likely that this new project will be set in a modern day, military environment, probably influenced by the success of Activision's Modern Warfare series.
This new project will be Codemasters' first original IP developed with the EGO game engine. EGO is a multi-platform, cross-genre development engine, meaning that we can expect this new FPS to make an appearance on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles.
However, since the project has only been in development for 12 months and the company is aggressively recruiting new talent, we don't expect to see this game released before late 2011.
When Black was released back in 2006, is was a great looking game for last generation consoles.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date