CID THE DUMMY to debut in Twelve Interactive's first multi-platform production
A star is born and he's made to last. CID THE DUMMY makes his debut in Twelve Interactive's first multi-platform production. It's an all-new action platformer that is sure to grab you with its enjoyable, fun gameplay, featuring a totally original character with charisma and moves, different fighting styles with which to battle enemies from unarmed combat to weapons like the Bazooka that can freeze, hit and burn.
• Interact as only a crash dummy can. Climb walls, swing on ropes, burn obstacles, destroy exploding barrels, use lifters, bounce on springs and with a neat head butt destroy walls all in stunningly realized environments. Game environment interaction is the most important part of the gameplay.
• CID's world is swarming with a host of fearfully fun enemies like the Dumper, Cursed Dummy and the bizarre Failed Experiment.
• Apart from fighting enemies, the player will enjoy solving puzzles, avoiding traps and using acrobatic skills to get out of dangerous situations!
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
The game is set in a near-future version of our planet where litigiousness and refusal to accept responsibility have grown to such an extent that the lowly Crash Impact Dummy has risen to a position of unrivalled importance, employed in an almost endless barrage of safety tests. Professor B.M. Werken and D-Troit saw the gap in the market and opened their own hugely successful Crash Impact Dummy manufacturing plant.
When Professor B.M. Werken tries vainly to regain his lost daughter through the creation of M.I.A. (a state of the art Crash Impact Dummy imbued with his daughter's essence) and D-Troit turns Evil life gets more complicated.
Fast forward to the present day. The Evil D-Troit has kidnapped M.I.A. and the Professor is desperate to get her back. In his hour of need he turns to one of his trusty Crash Impact Dummies, CID is chosen at random to go on the against-all-odds mission to save M.I.A. He's heard rumours that she’s the most beautiful girl in the world and ... given the chance to rescue her? That’d show something, right? It’d show that a mere Crash Impact Dummy, a nobody, a guy stuck in a job that he hates through no choice of his own - it’d show that he really can be something, right? Wrong. Just doesn’t have the kahonas to take a chance. Until, that is, the Professor fits CID with his latest development in Crash Impact Cyberemotics: the ESS. The ESS gives CID basic emotions - it gives him hopes, dreams, self-confidence. You name it, CID’s got it. And, thus armed, he goes forth to rescue M.I.A.
Special powers,weapons,moves and features
The game mechanics of CID THE DUMMY are largely based on classic action gameplay. CID can jump, fight, climb ladders, bounce on springs and bumpers, use stealth mode to creep, flip-jump walls and swim underwater. He'll need to in a world where there are obstacles like, dangerous prickles, swinging trunks or blades, exploding barrels, acid spits and flames, robot fish and exploding mines. But he wouldn't be the hero he is without his Bazooka. Depending on the enemy he can choose the ammo: Freeze, Flame or Rubber Bullet them out of his way to a sticky but never gory end.
Finally in panic situations when the going gets tough he can use the SPECIAL BLOW which creates a Shockwave explosion that destroys everything around him.
Variety in the action and gameplay guarantees hours of fun for players of all ages. Gameplay features have been introduced to help make CID THE DUMMY a more recognizable and unique character and to better implement the crash test dummy theme, we have introduced simple but fun to use devices that underline the ‘crash test dummy’ essence of our hero. And finally what self-respecting crash dummy would be complete without the ... ... CRASH TESTS!
There are three Crash Test levels (one in PS2, plus 2 Extra levels on PSP) in which the player drives a super-modded vintage Italian car, trying to reach maximum speed in order to destroy all the five walls during the crash test! These are bonus levels that are great fun and give the player the chance to earn bonuses and special gifts.
Launch Date: Q2, 2008
Game Type: Action Platformer
Publisher: Oxygen Int. (Wii,PSP,PS2,PC,DS) - Playten (Russian Territories PC version only)
Developer: Twelve Interactive
Technology: Vicious Engine (Wii,PSP,Ps2,PC) Xproton (DS)