Wolfenstein Returns to PC and Consoles, First Details Inside
Ever since Castle Wolfenstein debuted on the PC in 1992, the first-person shooter series has been about two things: Nazis and creepy supernatural conspiracies. Among its many accomplishments, the venerable franchise was the first to show gamers what could be done with a rocket launcher and a 3d maze from the first-person perspective. Often imitated but never surpassed, the nazi and zombie death-dealing shooter is set to return to the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
This game, like its predecessors, is set in WWII. However, the story this time will revolve around resistance fighters working in secrecy behind German lines during the conflict. The always predictable nazis will be working on some kind of supernatural project, and our hero B.J. Blazkowicz will make a comeback to try and stop them. The developers have hinted that Blazkowicz will not only be limited to his trusty rifle and rocket launcher this time around; he will reportedly be able to pick up some supernatural abilities of his own over the course of the game.
The biggest change this time around is the introduction of an open-world setting for the action. The game will be set in one large city, which will open itself up as you progress through given missions and quests. Randomly generated events will take place, hindering your movement from one part of the city to another (can anyone say zombie infestation?). To aid in your fight against the Germans, AI controlled local resistance will join in to help you fight at times.
The game will also feature multiplayer, although nothing is known about those features yet. We will have more on this game for you as details emerge, particularly at E3 next week. For now we have some brand new scans of the game for you below, courtesy of Game Informer.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date