"Wet" Announced, Doesn't Look Pretty
Bethesda Softworks today announced that it will publish Wet, a brand new third-person action game from Artificial Mind and Movement (A2M). The game was originally going to be published by Activision, but the property was dropped in the fallout of the Vivendi Blizzard merger. Wet is currently in development for the Xbox 360 and PS3 systems, and Bethesda has said that we can expect a Fall 2009 release for this game.
Wet puts you in the role of Rubi Malone, a gun-for-hire, who has expertise in wetworks - covert operations that get a little messy. As Rubi, you embark on a story full of double crosses and paybacks as you visit locations around the world. Featuring a mix of humor and violence, a unique retro film visual treatment, and an original 70's-inspired music, Wet is being promoted as a new twist on the tired action genre.
According to the publisher, Wet is a highly stylized third-person shooter that seamlessly blends acrobatics, gun play, and sword kills. If, by stylized they mean unbearably ugly, then we wholeheartedly agree with their claim. Early screenshots for the game show a drab, brown environment and a generic heroine shooting at muddy foes. It is hard to believe that they thought these scenes would help sell the finished product. Hopefully future screenshots will look a bit more promising.
Still, on paper the game does sound like it could be interesting. With dual pistols and a samurai sword, you can engage in combat while sliding on floors, running on walls, jumping, flipping, and performing amazing acrobatic moves - leaving a mounting body count in your wake.
Here's a fun bit of trivia for those people who still watch television: Voicing Rubi Malone is actress Eliza Dushku, star of Fox's Sci-Fi thriller series Dollhouse. She is also well-known for her recurring roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date