Top PS3 Back-Catalog Game Recommendations
Morning, campers. I was looking at my library of games and I thought that
there are many great games out there that don't really catch people's
I just started going through Heavenly Sword and I must say the cinematics
of the game are very fresh and for me do a great job of pulling you into
the story and getting you familiar with each character and their part in
Another title I decided to have trip down memory lane with was Devil May
Cry 4 - which again is just about having loads of fun and enjoying the
balance between button bashing and crafting combos and being creative
in their execution.
Uncharted: Drake Fortune - I mean this game can be confusing, as you
don't know whether to watch or play it. Graphically it looks as though it
has just been released. Game play feels "weighty" and the burdens and
troubles faced by Drake begin to feel like your own as you tip-toe through
the humid landscapes.
I think that as gamers we are all involved in the race of getting the
newest and freshest titles as fast as we can as we want to enjoy
technological advancements and see new ideas and inspiration. But
sometimes - just sometimes - if you take a look at where we have already
been you see some glimmers of excellence in old titles that once were the
cutting edge. I have taken the liberty to add a few titles that you might
not have had chance to charge through - but should you find that window of
time now and should you have the chance to turn you couch upside down
[ching ching] - I would recommend trying out these pre-owned gems:
Ratchet and Clank - Tools of Destruction
Great game with loads of humour and some real vision. This is proof that
Next Gen games don't always need to be as close to real life as possible -
whilst still being very enjoyable.
Devil May Cry 4
Hack and Slash that is slightly watered down - but it's still full of
excitement. If you don't button bash and instead craft combos, the game
becomes instantly more enjoyable.
Metal Gear Solid 4: [Like I need to mention this one]
Art crafted into game form. Simply unmissable.
Very much in the same vein as God of War and Devil May Cry and
surprisingly its totally different. It uses Sixaxis quite well and the
battles and tasks are refreshingly and well told throughout. This is
definitely worth a look.
Resistance: Fall of Man
The second game is stunning to look at and plays really well. I would say
that the original is well worth a look. Strong story with a nice plot and
the timeline fits very well. The way the modern and old fashion intertwine
is done without you questioning anything, which shows that they delivered.
Definitely worth a rainy day weekend.
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Indiana Jones for the modern gamer. This game does what XXX couldn't do
for James Bond. Very enjoyable and a real creeper as you will constantly
find yourself being surprised and impressed all the way through. A must if
you missed it the first time around.
Racing on a cliff edge at break neck speeds - this was an early showcase
for PS3 and at the time was an example of the PS3 and developers flexing
their muscles. This demonstrated what to expect, as we all know release
titles are normally very poor. If this was poor, Gods only knows how
things are gonna look when the PS3 peaks.
Survival horror that will instill fear and despair into you. You must be
prepared to play the game. I mean when you hit a theme park and you go on
the ghost train - if you go in with the attitude of "oh well - it's a fake
Freddie Kruger jumping out," you won't enjoy it - but if you get into it
and play the game, it turns out to be a real laugh. Dead Space is the
same. turn off the lights, close the door, and let the game take you to a
place that even Kratos himself would not want to be in!
Little Big Planet
This game is amazing. You will smile when you learn how to communicate
with Sackboy and the level design and sounds will warm you through. Also
this will hopefully act as a healing tool after the harrowing experience
of Dead Space ;o)
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date