Top 10 Most Pain-Inducing Weapons in Video Games
Oh, the wonderful world of violence! Violence is a part our daily lives through direct and indirect means: news, reality tv, video games, movies, etc. Let's be honest, without violence life would be kind of boring. Think about it, would you rather play in a boring utopia or a cool, dystopic future like Mirror's Edge? Violence is best served on an entertainment platter, in the form of video games. Because in video games, you are the knife wielder, the zombie slayer, the gun slinger. 99% of the time, you get to play the hero or heroine destined to save the day, conquer the enemy, or simply reign supreme. Each game has their unique, nifty weapons which act as an extension to the violence we thirstily crave! So bring the violence by choosing your weapons wisely. We have made things easier for you, by choosing out own Top 10 Most Pain-Inducing Weapons of Choice in video games.
#10 - Mario: Fireball
Everyone from their little sister to grandma has either seen or experienced first-hand the joy of wielding the fiery fire power from the white-pedaled flower in the Super Mario Brother's franchise. The fireball (power-up) was the first projectile our Italian possessed, ever since Nintendo's mega star's initial release in 1985! Not to mention, the fireball throwing plumber was advertised on the cover!
#9 - Mortal Kombat: Scorpion's Spear
Let's play word association. I'll say a word or simple phrase and you counter it with the first thought or phrase that comes to mind. Ready? "MORTAL KOMBAT!" If you didn't respond by shouting "get over here," I'm afraid you haven't even seen or played the Mortal Kombat series at all. C'mon! The yellow-masked ninja is definitely the bad-ass in and out of Outworld, whose catch phrase, "get over here" is accompanied by his spear thrown into your chest. In-turn, your body is uncontrollably yanked in his direction to an impending doom. Basically, Scorpion's catch phrase and spear go hand-in-hand.
#8 - Alone in the Dark: Edward Camby's fire-chair whacking
Talk about feeling the "heat" beneath your seat! In, Alone in the Dark, Edward Camby can carry and throw a chair at his enemies which is ablaze! Miraculously, Mr. Camby doesn't burn himself through the process. David Blaine, I think Ed has one-up'd you.
#7 - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
"Sticks and stones may break my bones," but his Reaver will cut you up! Raziel's limited by weapons choice, resorted to sticks, stones, and staffs during gameplay. However, when Raziel wields the incredibly large Soul Reaver, he wreaks havoc among his adversaries. Mind you to never judge a man by his (blade) size, but by his skills. And we at GameFlavor, have mad skills!
#6 - Halo: The Needler
Simple and effective! The Needler, when handled by a skilled MasterChief, is very useful. The sharp, crystalline projectiles can create a violent explosion when a Grunt or Elite is pumped full of the pinkish, blue gems. Sure, The Needler is easily overlooked and passed-on as a less popular weapon, but seriously keep this weapon in your arsenal when facing the covenant. However, we wouldn't recommend bringing a Needler to a Sniper fight, sorta the whole knife to a gun fight. Yeah, we would rethink your weapon strategy.
#5 - God of War: Kratos' Blades of Chaos
Level-up and enjoy the blood and gore created by Kratos' Blades of Chaos! His ballet-like fighting style when swinging those merciless chains around is sheer beauty to the destruction they cause. We can't begin to describe the cinematic variant styles Kratos has with the Blades of Chaos, but what we can say is we're desperately anticipating for more action in God of War III!
#4 - Gears of War: Lancer
The most popular weapon in a shooter is the Lancer. No doubt, the Lancer in Gears of War is the rhetorical question of "is enough is ever enough?" Clearly, the answer is no because arming a rifle with a saw blade sure out-does a bayonet! Not to mention, the Lancer was the prime appeal for the Gears of War 2 teaser trailer.
#3 - Burnout Paradise: Showtime Event
Highway Safety has always educated drinking and driving as wrong. Anyone behind the wheel can utilize a vehicle as a weapon, since the legal system refers to it as "vehicle manslaughter." I know you may at first think of GTA (Grand Theft Auto), but we're taking it one step farther. In the beautiful world of Paradise City, there's a neat, sadistic, and slightly erotic feature called "Showtime Event" In Showtime, you flip your car down the road, aiming at every passing car, truck, and sign to earn points to beat recorded online scores. Trust us, once your flip, you will never complain about flapping your Nakamura SI-7 again!
#2 - Resistance: Hedgehog Grenade
Halo has a fair share of decent grenades, but Resistance tops Halo by adding character to the Hedgehog Grenade! This puppy explodes and sends sharp (shrapnel-like) needles in a 360 degree radius. The Chimera have only begun to feel the wrath of Sgt Nathan Hale, because in the sequel we know there's a Splicer which shoots saw blades. One word comes to mind when we couple the Hedgehog Grenade with the Splicer, mayhem! Watch out Chimera!
#1 - You: Off
Lastly, the best weapon in video games which creates the most pain-inducing feeling is you, the gamer! As we said in the beginning, a weapon is an extension of the body. Without skills to wield the weapon, you're pretty much fish bait. And when you become fish bait, you die. When you're dead (after repeatedly dying), you power-off the game. (Most likely, you're frustrated.) Anyhow, the power switch is like the electromagnetic bomb in the movie Ocean's 11. Don Cheadle plays a British man who hits the switch, igniting the electromagnetic bomb, which shuts down the city power. This is equivalent to powering-off your system. You are the man in power, because after all it's just a game!
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date