"Silent Hill: Shattered Memories" Re-imagines First Game for PS2 and PSP
Coming this fall to the PlayStation 2, PSP, and Wii is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a re-imagining of the first game in the renowned survival horror series.
The new Silent Hill game follows the bloody footsteps of the excellent Resident Evil Re:make for the GameCube, but takes it to even greater heights. Don't confuse it to be a simple remake. Think of it as a definitive edition of your favorite graphic novel or movie. Expect shuffled objectives and dialogue tweaks.
In a recent Nintendo Power magazine interview, producer Tomm Hulett stresses that the new game is "not a remake or a port," but "a re-imagining of the first Silent Hill," which is "an important distinction... [that makes] it really feel like a new game."
The basic plot remains intact. Harry Mason must brave the impenetrable mist of Silent Hill to search for his missing daughter. How he succeeds or fails will depend on how courageous players remain in the face of new dangers. Hulett explains, "“The characters play different roles, things don’t necessarily happen in the same order, and the story is taken in lots of new directions."
The creepiest addition is the fact that you're being constantly watched. A new psyche profile system monitors your behavior at every moment. How you respond in dialogue trees and where you explore will be reflected in Harry's reactions. This may lead to unique experiences each time you play through the game.
Be warned: Don't get lost in the mist. You never know what you'll bump into.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date