Resistance: Fall of Man
In a word: Kickass! I'm not a big fan of FPS. I've pretty much jumped between the huge hits. From Goldeneye to Perfect Dark, Half-Life to Halo and let me just say, this game has me hooked.
Graphics: If you're reading this review, you really don't need me to tell you that this is the best looking game at launch. Genji may have given it a run for its money, but the sheer scope of this game just kicks Genji in the package (if it even has one).
Story: The Chimera have spread through Europe, eliminating all in their way and now they're invading good ole jolly England. It starts off somewhat cliche (man vs alien race, Americans coming to save the day) but deviates from there. I don't want to give away any juicy details but let me just say you'll definitely enjoy the story. The story is alright but this game steals more than a few tricks from Halo 2, as is evident by the cliff-hanger ending.
Gameplay: Basically, like all FPS games, you'll just run around and shoot things. (duh) but the weapons are top notch and creative to boot. There's your standard rifle, sniper and shotgun but then there's the auger (wall-piercing bullets) bulls-eye (lock-on homing) hedgehog (spiky grenades) and you get the picture.
Online: This is where Resistance puts the ass in kickass (I like ass). The levels are varied, some are large while others smaller, the number of players on screen at one time can vary from 8 to 40 without taking a hit of lag and the fact that there's just so many modes You have your standard Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag. Then comes the new modes Conversion starts you off as a human and then, after you die you become a Chimera and then you die after that. Person who stays alive the longest wins. Breach and Meltdown are two modes where you’re trying to control strategically placed nodes to overheat your opponents reactor. This is one game that will keep you coming back to your PS3 for more.
Final Thoughts: I did have a few with this game. The ammo limit is just too small. You can continue to use one gun over and over because there just isn't enough ammo cache to suit your needs. Also, for some reason, not all the weapons in the story mode get transferred online, which sucks (where's the standard-issue pistol? Every FPS has one!), and the last one is that sometimes the matches are a little uneven (I found myself being paired with Nimrods half the time. Shake off that fire, dammit!) but even those small complaints don’t detract too much from the experience as Insomniac is always improving the online portion, a big plus in my book. In any case, for a launch title, this game is really impressive.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
Developer: SCEE, Insomniac Games
Release Date: Nov 06 JP/US, Mar 07 World
Pros: You can do 40 players at once!
Cons: What, no online co-op?
Verdict 9.75/10 Every PS3 owner should have this game, FPS fans and non alike!