Resident Evil 5 Launch Date Pushed Back to 2009!
Yes, it is true Resident Evil fans, the launch date of Resident Evil 5, which will be for PS3 and the Xbox 360, is pushed back to 2009! But not to worry, this just means that the team at Capcom is working hard to make the latest installment of the Resident Evil franchise better than ever. Despite the pushed back release date, parts of the story and news on the gameplay have been revealed.
According to the Japanese video game magazine Famitsu, the story revolves around Chris Redfield and takes place about 10 years after the original Resident Evil. With Chris being the main character, much of his life will be revealed as to what happened to him during the interim of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 5. From the footage from the trailer, which can be found on Gamtrailers.com, it is seen that Chris is part of a group called BSAA sent to investigate some incident that is taking place in the desert where some freak accident occurs and the people are infected with something causing them to be overly aggressive.
As for gameplay, it will somewhat resemble a Resident Evil 4 feeling, but with some new features. One of the latest features to be revealed is the role of the environment in the game. If the player controls Chris in the sun too much, Chris will begin to hallucinate and see mirages. Also, if the player goes from a bright place to a dark place, the player will momentarily lose vision on the screen as Chris will have to adjust his eyes to the surroundings. How realistic can that get?! It seems that Capcom is putting some hard work into Resident Evil 5 to make it one of the best games of the franchise.
Also, Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the game’s former producer, said that this game will pick up where Resident Evil 4 ended.
Resident Evil 5 will surely capture the attention of gamers everywhere. With Chris Redfield being the main character once more, fans of the original Resident Evil will certainly want to pick this game up once it is released in 2009. With a new set of enemies and a different setting, Resident Evil 5 seems more deadly and thrilling than the games before it. The question is: Will you make it out alive?
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
Release Date: 2009