Red Dead Redemption - Liars and Cheats pack reviewed
Red Dead Redemption is one of the hottest video games of 2010, with Rockstar Games transplanting the wide-open gameplay and fun of Grand Theft Auto to the setting of the Wild Wild West. Gunslingers and stagecoaches dot the landscape, with villains, sheriffs, outlaws, and bounty hunters all trying to get the better of one another. Poker fans will find something to enjoy in the game as well, as you can play Texas Hold Em poker in various towns throughout the game.
In the new 'Liars and Cheats' game pack (available on PS3/Xbox 360) a lot of new features have been added to expand on the in-game poker, making it even more interesting. Whether you play Real Money poker or not the interface on Red Dead doesn't disappoint. Of course you can't play for real money here, but you can buy some supplies to help aid you through tougher missions, maybe where you might require extra ammo, better artillery or even medicine so you can heal those wounds.
Another great twist is the use of the Elegant Suit (only available in single player mode). You'll have to play for a while to unlock the Elegant Suit outfit that lets you cheat at the poker table, but once you do you'll be able to slip cards into your sleeve while dealing then slipping them back out later when you need them in your hand. Just like in real life, you'll need to be sly as otherwise you'll be caught and the next thing you know guns will be blazing when your opponent challenges you to a duel.
Find the full guide over at Positively Nerd: How to beat poker in Red Dead Redemption.
And finally! Yes they've included poker in multiplayer mode, so you can play other online players and well beat them or, take em outside for a duel to the death and then loot them, the choice is yours.
The action and gameplay is similar to playing online, as far as how the cards are dealt and the actions for betting, calling, or folding. Different towns offer buy-ins at different levels, so it's easy enough to find a game that fits your bankroll. Your computer opponents aren't the brightest poker players in the world, so if you pay attention you shouldn't have much trouble picking up on how they play. Once you figure out their style and tendencies it won't be long before you're stacking up each opponent's chips, one by one by one.
- ASTRO Gaming Becomes Official Sponsor of Pro Gaming's Team Eon
- Final Four Street Fighter X Tekken Characters Confirmed
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date