Ratchet and Clank Preview
With the game only a few days from release, my expectations of the newest Ratchet game could not be higher. The demo in the Playstation Store was short and sweet, but instead of satisfying my urges, it just increased by thirst for more.
The demo starts off with Metropolis under attack by a heavily armed armada lead by Emperor Tachyon. After getting a call from Captain Quark for help, the duo set off only to crash their craft and get stuck in the middle of the invasion with Tachyon on the hunt for Ratchet. The story won’t be winning any awards at the Oscars but the trademark, Pixar-esque humor of the series has been completely left intact. (Not to mention the game looks like a Pixar movie. I suspect the Insomniac guys were let go from Pixar because they were just too bad@$$!) The one thing all die-hard R&C fans should look into what happened to the Lombax race.
Ratchet and Clank games has always had solid gameplay and the same can be said of Tools of Destruction. Insomniac really takes to heart the saying “Don’t fix what isn’t broken”. You’ll get an assortment of weapons, froms guns, to bombs, a device to change enemies into cute, harmless penguins and, my favorite, the Groovitron which causes robots to dance uncontrollably to disco music. (And old people say disco is harmless) The only big change I could spot, gameplay-wise, was the elimination of the First-Person-view for weapons in favor of an over-the-shoulder perspective, which works better but I barely used it. All in all, Insomniacs streak of great games continues. These guys can do no wrong.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date