PS3 Informer Presents Comic Con Roundup Part 1:
We’ve been to Comic Con and we have impressions of X blades and more. It is that time of year where everyone dresses up in their best costumes and ventures off to the center of geek paradise in the city that never sleeps. That’s right, the New York City Comic Con came and went last weekend and for three days straight gamers, comic fans, cosplayers and everybody else came to see the new video games on display this year. Just for our readers out there we at gameflavor.com were on the scene to get you the low-down on the most anticipated upcoming titles coming out this year. So please strap on your Thor helmets and cast your eyes on the things to come!
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
As the New York branch member for GameFlavor, it was an honor to represent the crew at Comic Con this year and speak with many of the developers about the up coming titles for you special gamers out there. The first booth that was visited was the great people at SouthPeak Studios where I met with Lee Perez who gave me a sneak peek at "Velvet Assassin", "X Blades", "Roogoo Twisted Towers" and "Section 8". It seems there was a huge turn out this year for Southpeak with these great titles all geared towards different gamers with all different genre represented.
The first game from Southpeak that we got to check out at Comic Con was X Blades, which will be hitting current-gen consoles this week. The game’s story focuses on two powerful beings, one of light and one of dark, who share a brotherly bond as well as a rivalry – they can’t decide who is deity number one. While one helped the people the other planned to do nothing but evil. Luckily, however, the enlightened being trapped his brother but in doing so lost his divine powers as well. So two artifacts came to be and held great power which would make any being the most powerful in existence. Enter our heroine Ayumi who has been cursed by darkness and seeks the artifacts to end this curse and hopefully save the world, but mostly she is concerned with stopping the curse that is coursing through her.
The game has a nice fantasy element with a hot anime style character leading the story. The visuals of the backgrounds are amazing with some stunning effects for each of the battles. The central gameplay idea is to use melee attacks and magic to your advantage against various adversaries. You will have a sidekick that will help you out during the story arc whose name is Jay which will also be on the temple island adventuring around. Check out the screenshots as well as a gameplay video below.
Last but not least, we got a look at a new first-person shooter called "Section 8". So far, very little has been said about this game, in which the titular group of special forces soldiers are sent on deadly missions. Yeah I know it sounds like we’ve heard the story before but this game seems to be done a bit differently and we were very impressed with what we’ve seen so far. We can’t say much more about Section 8 right now, but check back with us soon for some gameplay details.
This is just part 1 of our Comic Con Preview, so be sure to check back later this week for part 2 of our round up. There were lots of great games on display this year and we want to provide as much information about each on as we can.