Project TRICO Teaser Trailer Revealed
We have all been patiently awaiting news about Team Ico's new PS3 game. Would it be something predictable like Shadow of the Colossus 2, or something altogether original? Following the incredible praise and adulation that ICO (released in 2001) and Shadow of Colossus (2005) garnered across the board, the idea of "Games as Art" was finally brought into critical discussion. It's not surprising that millions of gamers await Team ICO's next game with fervent eagerness.
It's been four years since Shadow of Colossus was released, and Team ICO has been working hard on their third game, nicknamed Project TRICO. At the Game Developers Conference 2009, project lead Fumito Ueda described how their efforts have culminated in a game that captures the essence of ICO .
Fast forward to present day and we are treated to a teaser trailer of Project TRICO that shows us just what Ueda was envisioning. The trailer opens with a young boy interacting with a mythical feline-looking creature with clipped wings. It reminds us a little of the creature from the movie "The NeverEnding Story."
The trailer displays gameplay mechanics that is reminiscent of the prior two Team ICO games -- the player interacts with architecture against the backdrop of otherworldly yet breath-taking landscapes.
This teaser trailer serves as earlier indication that Project TRICO will be another shining example of how meaningful and artful video games can be. For a young medium like this, it often takes decades to gain respect and widespread acceptance from mainstream audiences that video games can be something much more than childish distractions. Games like PixelJunk Eden, Braid, ICO, and Flower have pushed the envelope and continue to help elevate the industry towards a new age. Project TRICO might be the breakout hit that ends all remaining doubts.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
[Source: PlayStation Lifestyle]