Preview: The Invincible Tiger
If you were a kung fu master in ancient china, it would be hard to come up with a name as intimidating as the "Invincible Tiger". Dude shows up with a name like that, and you just know that someone's going to get thrown through a window. The UK based developer Blitz Games has announced a new collaboration with Namco Bandai called Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao for Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.
Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao is an arcade brawler, which follows Han Tao as he fights to reclaim the Star of Destiny from the Evil Overlord. Our money is on the Invincible Tiger in this fight -- how much more generic could an evil overlord's name possibly be? Along the way he battles the Overlord’s evil throngs, which include standard grunts and the added dimension of the undead. Kung Fu master, check. Evil overlord, check. Undead kung fu zombies, check. We are ready to buy this game already, without even seeing a trailer.
Being a brawler, The Invincible Tiger places a lot of emphasis on combos and counter attacks. Han Tao definitely has the moves to combat his enemies: Using intense combos, well-timed blocks and a lot of skill, players can unlock the potential of his power and decimate the evil ones.
Lead project manager Ollie Clarke said about the title: “I wanted to make a game that played like the martial arts movies I loved when I was growing up, and that's something we stuck to from creation through to development. It’s a fluid fighting game, easy to play but difficult to master! Games should be fun, so we've thrown in loads of tongue-in-cheek humour for fans of the genre. Hopefully gamers will have as much fun playing Invincible Tiger as we had making it!”
The cinematic influences on the game are completely apparent as soon as you boot it up -- even the title menu looks like something taken from a 1970s movie poster. During play, there is also a grainy film-like filter applied to the action to make it look like you are playing in a schlocky b-movie.
Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao will also include a number of single-player challenge modes and multiplayer action, although the details are scarce for the moment. At the very least, we already know there will be local 2-player co-op.
• Team up with a partner and take on the Evil Overlord’s diabolical army through Story Mode Co-op.
• Battle through each level, dealing with increasing difficulty and a shared Zen-meter.
• Learn ace combat techniques in the single player game and use them beat your enemies into the dust.
• Experience Endurance Mode where you’ll face an endless stream of enemies under a time limit.
• Post your scores online for bragging rights.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date