Pain and suffering causes a bi-polar reaction in people. It's sad and yet so funny. Who can resist the humor in someone falling down a pair of stairs? There are entire TV shows based around the concept of people hurting themselves. Pain, the downloadable video game, appeals to our inner-teenager and the need for destruction and human suffering. The part of us says “That was painful and so funny”.
The concept of the game is to get hurt and wreck a lot of damage. You have a choice of 3 different characters (for some reason I could only choose 1) and use a sling-shot type device to hurl yourself around a city and smash into things. There’s an in-depth tutorial (that’s mandatory) that teaches you all the the gameplay mechanics and lets you play around a bit. It’s nothing too complicated and before long you’ll be destroying the city with a big smile on your face.
There are different gameplay modes available. PAINdemonium has you destroying everything and anything you want, trying to see how many points you can rack up in a single throw. Mime-Toss allows us to fulfill our dreams of beating up a mime by grabbing his French [butt] and hurling it through glass windows conveniently located in the level. Spank the Monkey has you aiming to hit monkeys spread around in different areas of the map.
Pain is cheap enough and, most importantly, fun enough to justify what little you have to pay to get it. With its wacky sense of humor, this game is perfect for those 5 minute gaming sessions while you’re waiting for all your friends to get online so you can play Warhawk together. But if you're looking for a game with some depth and long playtime, you'd be better off looking elsewhere.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
Developer: Idol Minds
The good: Funny and entertaining mayhem
The Bad: More 'mature' people won't get the humor