One Word Review: Modern Warfare 2
We're going to put our normal disclaimer right up front because we know this one is going to be controversial: This is a light-hearted take on video game reviews. If you're looking for an in-depth analysis of the pros and cons of a game, this is not it. If you're in a humorous mood and enjoy flame-tastic message board discussions, make yourself at home.
After reading our review, you may laugh, you may cry, or you may feel the need to demand the 30-seconds of your life you wasted back. Our comments section is a great place to post your angry letters or vent, either to defend or rail against the game. Do not continue reading if pregnant or suffering from a serious heart condition, unless cleared by your doctor. Again, this is a not a serious review. It is a parody. It is not meant to adequately summarize the merits of a game or how well it plays. What it serves to do is excite discussion and help players understand the type of the game they're buying. This review tries to capture -- in one-word -- the essence of a hot new game. Think of it as word association. It's essentially the first word that comes to mind when thinking about that game. And it may describe the sort of gameplay or experience you can expect, ad nauseam.
Alright, now onto our review of Modern Warfare 2, Activision's latest incarnation of the Call of Duty franchise, and arguably the biggest release of November 2009.
Our one-word review of Modern Warfare 2 is (drum-roll please):
The biggest game of 2009 is finally here. Does it live up to your expectations?
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date