New Title, "Explodemon!" Announced for PSN
We are almost ready to give this game a glowing recommendation based on its name alone. Any title that includes demons, exploding, and a vague relation to Pokemon in one word has to be awesome. Right?
Independent developer Curve Studios today announced Explodemon! for digital download on the PSN later in 2009. The title will later make its way to PC download services like Steam and even the Nintendo Wii console.
According to the developer, Explodemon! is a 2.5D platform action game influenced by classic Japanese games from the golden era of the SNES. The game is based around Explodemon, an exploding hero that uses his explosive ability to combat enemies, propel himself through the air, destroy anything in his path and solve puzzles using the game’s solid physics system. Explodemon! is packaged up as a loving parody of badly translated action games and everything that they embody.
The game came into being after Curve’s Design Director, Jonathan Biddle, decided to try making his own games. “I’d been a games designer for many years, but had always wanted the ability to prototype ideas myself. I decided to learn Game Maker and started making a platform game about an exploding man. After working silently away for a few months in my spare time, I let a few people at Curve play Explodemon! and it became obvious that I’d managed to create something very fun.”
The developer has described Explodemon! as a cross between beloved games like Yoshi’s Island, Super Metroid, and Bangai-O. With a self-destructing hero at the helm, we can even detect a bit of Every Extend Extra somewhere in the mix.
Curve Studios has told us we can expect Explodemon! On the PSN in Q4 2009, which puts its release somewhere around October-December of this year.
Like Mega Man crossed with a lemming, Explodemon runs with a singular determination.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
[Source: Official Announcement]