There was a lot of hype with Motorstorm, and why shouldn't there have been? The game played fantastic. Graphics aside. all the promises made with this title were fulfilled. But what brings this title down a notch is something we should've asked for but never bothered to.
Gameplay: Flat out fun. It's simple yet addicting. You pretty much only need three buttons: boost, brake and accelerate. Your vehicle has a heat gauged and if you boost for too long, you’ll explode (which is awesome!) so you need to be cautious yet liberal with your boost gauges to win. Also, each vehicle type gives you some personal preference. Bikes are light yet tend to go flying when you hit a bump, cars are in the middle while big rigs take a while to get up to speed but can also go through mud without slowing down. There’s a few more vehicle types on between but you need to read the manual to figure out what the difference is between all those. Seriously, who does that?
Graphics: Near on par from the E3 render. Mud's been toned down a bit ("to make it more fun") but it's still a pretty thing to look at. I’m using a regular TV (reviewing video games isn’t the glamorous career I thought it would be) but the visuals are still nice. Go to your local game store where they have a PS3 hooked up with an HDMI cable and see this game for all its glory. Vehicles are well rendered and you can literally rip up the track.
Online: Load times are somewhat lengthy (though not a pain) and the developers should've cached more memory into the hard drive. (they only put around 700 KB in there) but playing and trash talking with your friends is a blast. If you don’t have any friends, there’s no better time to make some online than now.
Final Thoughts: What brings this game down? Gameplay? Nope. Graphics? Try again. Online? Ehh! Wrong! So what was it? Tracks. If any game was lacking in available tracks it's this one. with only 8 available, it feels like the game is only half done. More tracks will probably be added in the future but you shouldn’t have to wait or be charged for something that should’ve been in the final build to begin with.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
Developer: SCEE, Evolution Studios
Release Date: Dec 06 JP, Mar 07 World
Pros: Good dirty fun
Cons: A lack of racks...I mean tracks.
Verdict 8.25/10 If you can forgive this game for its lack of tracks, knock the score up a point. If you love variety more than anything else, knock it down.