Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
When arcade machines were popular in the 1990s, there were not many games as enthralling and addictive as Metal Slug 2. That arcade magic has come home on the Sony PS3 and Sony PSP.
The NeoGeo Station game collection continues to expand on the PlayStation Network, with Metal Slug 2 being the latest addition.
It would be no easy task to find an arcade machine to play Metal Slug 2 on these days, but those quarters can now go towards earning the game outright.
Metal Slug 2, the highly-popular side scrolling shooter has received a great port over to the Sony PS3 and PSP.
Metal Slug 2 showcases General Morden as he seeks out to try and take over the world yet again.
This was a fantastic arcade release and that enjoyment carries over to the PS3 and PSP nicely as the gameplay here is simply phenomenal.
There have been some nice new features as well as technical improvements to the experience in this port.
The gameplay has been left alone, as have the classic visuals. Some game mode elements and sounds have been improved though to really kick things up a notch.
My favorite addition is the online co-op feature as you can now jump online and battle with your friends without them having to be in the same room as you.
Gameplay is as smooth as silk and is an absolute blast, just as good as it was back in the 1990s when this one ruled the arcade scene.
The replay value is here as well as you will work to try and beat your high-score, just without the need to keep dropping quarters into the arcade machine.
With a price tag of $8.99 on the Sony PS3 and $6.99 on the Sony PSP, this is a hard release to pass up on the PlayStation Network.
Metal Slug 2 is a highly-recommended PlayStation Network release with the same addictive gameplay we have come to know and love in a convenient and inexpensive package on the Sony PS3 and Sony PSP.
GameFlavor Score: 8/10
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date