Jurassic: The Hunted Preview
We don't yet have Monster Hunter on the PS3, but Activision hopes that its upcoming dinosaur-themed action game will appeal to the same primal instincts. The company announced today that Jurassic: The Hunted will be released November 3 on the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii. There is also a PS2 version planned. Based on what we know about development of this title (very little) it started life as a last-gen game. Recently the graphics were given a coat of HD polish, but we should expect gameplay to remain firmly rooted in the old school. Hence the budget price of the game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, if it can pull off its central premise of hunting dinosaurs with enough of the awesome potential contained in such an idea.
Jurassic: The Hunted is a relentless first person action game where you must fight for survival by scavenging for weapons, defending barricades, and battling titanic dinosaurs. The main appeal of the game -- something that Monster Hunter fans will recognize -- is the sheer scale fo the beasts you fight. They literally tower over the player, and unlike in Cabella's series of hunting games, it will take more than a single rifle shot to bring one of these bad boys down. It's not like aiming for the head will do much damage, either -- dinosaurs had brans the size of a walnut, making them a difficult target for marksmen of the future.
Jurassic: the Hunted is structured as a shooter and set on a dark, mysterious island lost in time (you know, like the one in that movie). Players assume the role of weapons and survival expert Craig Dylan, who has been hired to protect a research team studying the strange temporal energy of the island. Protection quickly becomes a fight for survival as Dylan is pulled back in time through the Bermuda Triangle and finds himself facing the most terrifying creatures in the history of the planet. Good thing you dropped out of English literature and became a 'survival and weapons expert' there, Dylan.
Combat encounters include "arena" style fights, fortification sieges, survival modes and 'unforgettable' boss battles. Adrenaline bursts are the new 'bullet time' - this cinematic gameplay feature allows the player to visualize and then target an opponent's weak points in slow motion. Jurassic the Hunted promises hours of dino-survivalist entertainment at its finest.
Jurassic: The Hunted will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii for $39.99. The PlayStation 2 version will be $29.99.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date