Heavenly Sword Preview
I’ve got a confession to make that’s sure make the airwaves explode. (No, I’m not gay.) I didn’t like God of War. (Sorry Jaffe and Barlog) While the story was top-notch and deserves a place in video game history, I just wasn’t too fond of the combat, with my preference being toward the superb Devil May Cry 3.When Heavenly Sword (which is the topic of this preview, in case you’ve forgotten) was first shown at E305, I neglected it since it looked similar to God of War. After getting some hands on time with the demo, I can say that nothing could be further from the truth.
The gameplay is somewhat similar to God of War but different enough to make it feel like it’s a different game. You have three different stances (speed, range and power) each with their own benefits, weaknesses and combos. The fights are like an intricate dance with blocking playing a major role. (Going on an all out attack will only get your butt handed to you) while this sounds boring on paper, it works beautifully in the game, with Nariko doing spectacular counters and combos while the enemy is off guard. Also, one interesting tid bit I enjoyed was being able to pick things up and throwing them in first person. by picking up an item (be that a barrel, person or a dropped sword) you can hold down the X button to control it like a missile using the sixaxis. Again, this sounds like a bad idea but it’s executed perfectly. My hat’s off to Ninja Theory for making this game so bad@$$!
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
Developer: Ninja Theory, SCEA
Release Date: September 07
Sweet@$$ combat engine
A few bugs still present
only 5 minutes of play time
Have to wait until September to play more