Genji: Days of The Blade
You know those good looking people that you went to high school with? I mean, extremely fine, good looking people, who would no doubt get by on the street with their appearance alone. But you always hated them cause they were snobby and shallow. Genji is just like that in video game form
Graphics: Stunning! I'm convinced that 90% of the development costs are for the graphics alone. The water is crisp and clear while the surrounding area has some nice textures and the character models are top notch for a launch game. Your eyes will bleed with pleasure. unfortunately....
Gameplay: Your thumbs will bleed with pain. The term hack and slash best applies to Genji because all you're doing is hitting the same buttons over and over and over again. You might as well tape down the buttons on your PS3 controller because any extra brain power is not required. The enemies are retarded, but never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. They can be deadly.
The areas are also claustrophobic. While this style best suits games like DMC, it doesn’t suit Genji, due to it’s awful camera placement. More often than not, you’ll get hit by an enemy that was either out of your view or that you couldn’t see because your character was in the way. The map in the right-hand corner is your only salvation.
Story: I didn't pay much attention to the story because there was none. I'm doing this review purely off of the demo build because 60 bucks for this piece of crap is too much, even if it is a good looking piece of crap. There's this war going on and, in typical video game style, it's an entire demon army vs you. (I did get a chance to play the retail game and one of the characters is absolutely useless! Seriously, they should've just made one of the characters a blob that bounced around and annoyed the enemies, at least that would've been awesome.) Why is it always you vs an army? I don't know. Maybe your allies decided to follow Bush's example and skip out on the war. Whatever the reason, it's you vs them and you gotta win because this game is historically accurate and if demons over run japan, Sony and Nintendo will cease to exist.
Replay: There’s no reason to play this game unless you’re absolutely starved for games. (and looking at the current crop of PS3 games, you probably are) If you replay this game, you’ll go directly to Hell, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. (and to think you could’ve used that $200 to buy a PSP)
Final Thoughts: If you manage to get by the huge camera hurdle and don’t mind the repetitive gameplay, Genji can actually be worth a rental, you’d have to be insane to spend $60 on this game. Although, if money is not an issue with you, then by all means by all the PS3 games and while you’re at it, buy me a few too so I can make fun of more games. ^^
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
Developer: Game Republic
Release Date: Nov 2006 US/JP, Mar 2007 Pal
Pros: Looks great!
Cons: It sucks!
Verdict: 5.5/10. This review strikes Genji in the weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!!