GamePro Makes Games Professionally
Here's some surprising news amidst recent game studio closures: GamePro has thrown its name into the game publisher hat. The newly formed GamePro Labs intend to publish titles developed by small independent studios. The company will be open to all major platforms including Xbox 360, PC, iPhone, PlayStation Network, and interestingly enough the Zune (does anyone actually have a Zune?).
GamePro Labs is accepting game submissions, so that means you, yes you in the Star Wars T-shirt. It's time to start coding that game you've been bragging about for years now. The fledgling publisher is only marketing a limited number of tiles each year, so let yours be the one they pick by making sure it's actually good before you send it in. Live the dream. Submit your triple-A game idea built on a shoe-string budget here.
As publisher, GamePro will handle payments and promote the title in its magazine. As developer, you'll get a publisher account on GamePro.com with exclusive access to the developer community and advertising tools; be able to manage distribution relationships with Microsoft, Apple, and others who sell your games; and receive a monthly check (i.e. the payola) from GamePro for all units sold.
Three developers have already been signed, and they'll be revealed at the Games Developer Conference held in late March.
In addition, GamePro will be publishing a free, custom edition of its magazine for 7-Eleven stores. That means in the not-too-distant future, you can read about your game and down a Slurpee at the same time. Can you imagine the joy of reaching that 7-Eleven audience you've always dreamed about? How sweet it'll be indeed.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
[Source: Press Release]