Gameplay Info: FIFA Soccer 08
Electronic Arts today revealed the tremendous depth of gameplay features in EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 08 for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system which will create a soccer experience that matches the complexity, finesse and beauty of the real-world game. FIFA Soccer 08 challenges players to master the skills required to play like a pro soccer player. Fans around the world can experience the same highs and lows of real-world players and tackle the challenges they face on a daily basis. FIFA Soccer 08 puts you on the pitch to defy the odds, perfect your skills, elevate your game and rise up to win glory for your club.
The FIFA Soccer 08 next-gen gameplay engine, built to maximize the power of Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, delivers animations and ball control that is so responsive you feel like you are actually on the pitch. Soccer players in FIFA Soccer 08 now benefit from A.I. so smart, it features a 35-point decision engine which enables players to process multiple decisions and reactions in real-time. The A.I.'s dynamic 'Threat Map' system captures the excitement and realism of soccer. Players are now aware of their surroundings, reacting authentically to threats and opportunities to make intelligent soccer decisions.
Now with the FIFA Soccer 08 shooting system you can enjoy even more control and precision in front of the goal to become a true marksman. A true next-generation ball-striking engine calculates shot success by combining an almost infinite number of different contexts, including ball spin, pressure from defenders, player attributes, and even air pressure to recreate the drama and unpredictable nature of shooting.
For the first time ever, fans playing FIFA Soccer 08 will face the pressure to improve their game that real-world players endure every day. A new play mode called Be A Pro locks you in the role of a single player and challenges you to master the same disciplines as a real soccer player--from positioning and tackling to reading the field and passing.
"This year, FIFA Soccer 08 takes its second step into the next-generation. Last year, we kicked off the next-generation by introducing a new engine and stunning ball physics. This year, we are introducing new gameplay, new modes and a new feeling of soccer finesse," said Andrew Wilson, Executive Producer for FIFA Soccer 08. "Be A Pro forces you to think and react like a professional player -- you will experience the whole range of emotions players go through during the course of a game. This feature, along with advancements to our gameplay engine, will deliver on our promise of authentic soccer gameplay."
FIFA Soccer 08 introduces skill moves with a true next-generation organic 'building-block' system enabling you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. Animations can be interrupted at any time to transition into a new move, enabling you to read and respond to the defence, just like real life. Master the skills to break down the defence, elude your marker and lead your team to victory.
The award-winning Interactive Leagues feature that was first introduced in FIFA Soccer 07, now makes its debut on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3. Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you play.
"The Interactive Leagues is the most successful online tournament we've had for the FIFA franchise and I am thrilled to bring it into this year's next-gen game. As a Leeds United fan I was pained to see Manchester United win the first Interactive Premier League last season. However, I'm looking forward to redressing the balance this year through FIFA Soccer 08," said Joe Booth, Producer for FIFA Soccer 08 on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3. "One of my favourite things about Interactive Leagues is how it connects me and the development team with the FIFA gamers via our weekly in-game pod-cast. We have just broken the one million downloads mark and It's been a fantastic way to interact with other fans, share experiences and answer questions."
In addition, FIFA Soccer 08 is dramatically more real and exhilarating with the inclusion of 620 licensed teams, 30 leagues, and more than 15,000 players making it 20% larger than FIFA Soccer 07 on current generation formats.
FIFA Soccer 08 is developed by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C. It is scheduled for worldwide release this autumn on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, Wii, Nintendo DS, PSP (PlayStationPortable) system, PC and mobile. EA will reveal the specific features available in the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, Wii, Nintendo DS, PSP system, PC and mobile versions in the coming weeks.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date