Batman: Arkham Asylum Preview
There are times when a hero has to go a little bit insane in order to take on an even greater evil. This is the theme of the upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum from Eidos. The evildoers of Gotham City have choked society long enough to bring it to its knees, and people have asked for their most dependable savior -- in the form of a bat. The Dark Knight returns once again in a more terrifying storyline based on the comic book series of the similar name. Arkham Asylum is a multi-platform title coming for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date
You take on the cape and coil once more to ride into the dark depths, challenging those who threaten your city. However you are on their playing field now and with the most insane having the home field advantage - expect the worst. The game starts off with you riding in the batmobile escorting your greatest nemesis Joker to his home away from home, Arkham. The joker does not make a very good passenger, as you strap him down to a stand up gurney to deliver him back to his morbid family which includes Harley Quinn. As the screen shots show, this is a whole new look and feel for the Batman series. Since it is running off of the Unreal 3 Engine, you can expect a lot of detail in the graphics. In terms of story, the writers are not pulling any punches in this game. Check out the riddler’s cell and see for yourself how dark the villains in a video game can truly be.
In the latest Issue of Game Informer magazine, they provide some in-depth information on the fighting system which seems to be as fluid and gritty as one would expect from a Batman title. This brings me to the boss battle system in which you will have to know Batman to be able to defeat the many villains, such as a stronger and tougher Killer Croc. The players will have to make use of trademark Batman tactics along with all of their cunning in order to defeat him. When he stands more than ten feet tall, you’d better be prepared to do more than rub his belly to put him to sleep (Crocodile joke).
We urge all Batman fans to have a look at the latest issue of GI magazine, and stay glued to Gameflavor for more information on this upcoming title, due next year. As always "stay frosty" gamers!