5 Amazing Little Big Planet Levels
Fans who were lucky enough to get their paws on one of the LittleBigPlanet Beta Keys have been having a ball with the upcoming open-ended platformer. Early reports suggest that Media Molecule have hit one out of the park with their first project on the PS3: the graphics are stunning, the physics performs well, and most importantly, the user-creation tools are intuitive and fun to use. In the few short days since the beta went live, players have been able to do some truly remarkable things with the level-creation tools.
Here are five user-created levels that show astonishing creativity. Each of these homebrew stages rival those made by professional game developers. Every example shows what can be done with a different aspect of LBP's level creation toolset. Some are pure platforming bliss, while others offer a more cerebral puzzle to solve. If the quality of fan-generated content remains this high after launch, gamers will enjoy an unprecedented amount of replayability with Little Big Planet.
Little Big Colossus:
Just like the title says, this level recreates the feeling of Shadow of the Colossus, right down to the eery wind effects. We love the rocket horse!
We love the creativity and the difficulty level of this one. Shows how much content can be crammed into a relatively small amount of space.
A haunted-house level with a great, dark feel. Reminds us of the ghost houses in Super Mario World!
Green Hill Zone Act 2:
Yes, Sonic fans, your prayers have been answered.
Anyone who ever stuck glow-in-the-dark stars on their ceiling as a kid will get a kick out of this whimsical stage.
Do you think you can do better than the creators of these amazing levels? we know you can. Send us your own creations and we will feature them on PS3 Informer!
- Radical Entertainment Puts Biological Outbreak Control in a Box - PROTOTYPE(R) 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition Confirmed
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Part 2/Max Payne 3
- SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS RELEASES RESISTANCE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
- Order Up!! to be Delivered to PlayStation 3 system on February 28th
- Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight, Coming Soon to PSN
- No Need to Feel Blue, The Power of the Azure is here! - PS3
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem Out This Week on PlayStation Store!
- Grab Your Light (Shot)Gun! SEGA Launches The House of the Dead 3 for PlayStation Network
- Your Move - UFC Undisputed 3 Available Now at Retail Outlets Throughout North America
- Rockstar Games: Asked and Answered Max Payne 3, GTA V
- Batman Arkham City Cheat Codes For PS3 Revealed
- Uncharted Drake's Deception Cheat Codes Revealed
- New Devil May Cry Gameplay Video Now Available
- The Amazing Spider-Man Returns to New York City
- Wanted Corp. available now on PlayStation Network
- How To Get Your PS3 To Run Linux, Free Apps
- New Update for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Battlefield Set To Be Unleashed As A Free PS3 Game
- King of Fighters '96 PS3 Review
- Metal Slug 2 PS3 Review
- How To Get A PlayStation Network Card
- Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Cosplay Warrior Costume and Skills Pack Now Available
- Turtle Beach's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Headset Line Widely Available by October 25th
- PS3 On-Screen Keyboard - Code Released by Blipi for Developers
- Holy Hand Grenade Batman! Arkham Asylum Controllers at GamingZap!
- XtendPlay Ergonomic Adaptors for PS3 & Xbox 360 Controllers Now in Stock at GamingZap!
- Brand New XCM Products at GamingZap
- Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gaming Eyewear Revealed by GUNNAR Optiks
- Mad Catz Announces New Range of Licensed Major League Gaming Professional Video Game Controllers
- Nyko Zoom for Kinect Gets North American Price and Release Date